By: The Working Forest Staff
Voith will feature interactive experiences for visitors to booth 301 at PaperCon 2019 from May 6 to 8 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.
“The paper industry is quickly evolving and as a full-line supplier, PaperCon offers us an opportunity to share innovative technology that will help our customers meet their goals,” said David Buchanan, president, Voith Paper, North America. “From spare parts, fabrics and rolls, paper machine rebuilds, stock preparation systems, complete paper machines and secure digitalization to customized service packages – we help our customers strengthen their papermaking processes to serve their customers.”
New this year, Voith offers attendees a unique view of key products through holographic technology to highlight innovations that:
- Enhance paper operations and maintenance
With CleanLine traversing cleaning systems, visitors can see a cost-effective solution to reduce the effects of contamination.
- Increase capacity
The new SmoothRun hydropneumatic damping bearing system for winders effectively reduces vibrations occurring during the winding process and allows for higher operating speeds and better winding results. This compact winder upgrade can increase capacity up to 15 percent.
- Improve paper quality
The DuoShake, an advancement of conventional breast roll shaking technology, emits frequencies that were previously unattainable, allowing it to create a more homogenous distribution of fibers while reinforcing the orientation of the fibers in cross direction.
Beyond the holographic displays, PaperCon attendees can explore other solutions, including:
Data analytics/applications, cloud solutions, and real time adaptive training
Voith‘s OnCumulus lloT cloud platform optimizes efficiency, maintenance and performance using advanced analytics and data harmonization enterprise-wide for one central, secure approach to digitalization. DRIVE is Voith’s real time adaptive 4.0 training ecosystem for 4.0 digitalization dexterity enterprise-wide.
Enhanced safety and efficiency
In addition, the ProTect, which is designed to increase safety, and the SmartBasket, which is designed to increase efficiency, will be available at the booth for a hands-on experience:
- Regular measurements are essential for efficient operation and the ProTect system offers a safe alternative to manual measurements. The ProTect is a cost-efficient system that makes the press felt measuring process – normally a high-risk task that is usually done manually while the paper machine is running – safer while also delivering more reliable results.
- For easy identification, lifecycle tracking and asset management, the SmartBasket is an advanced screen basket equipped with RFID technology. Customers can simply scan the RFID technology, add relevant information (such as run time, condition or inventory location) on a smartphone or tablet, and then easily send updates to a dedicated database.
Couch Pit University Young Professionals Mixer
Voith is sponsoring the Couch Pit University Young Professional Mixer on May 5 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. EDT at the Westin Indianapolis hotel. The mixer offers an expert roundtable format focused on topics pertinent to young professionals in the paper industry.
- May 6 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. EDT – Voith knowledge expert, Michael Potts, will present “Keys to Successful Papermaking Conversions” during the Supplier Experiences with Paper Machine Conversions session.
- May 7 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. EDT – Voith experts will also present on a variety of papermaking topics during Poster Sessions which highlight the latest developments in the paper industry. Featured posters will take a look at winding technology, the fundamentals of water removal and real-time adaptive training for industrial workplaces.
- May 8 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. EDT – Voith knowledge expert, Timo Frick, will present “Modelling of a Viscoelastic Compression Model for the Simulation of Mechanical Dewatering Processes” during the Fundamentals of Water Removal session at PaperCon.