By: The Working Forest Staff
Northern Ontario’s forestry industry got a $2.6-million boost on June 12, following a provincial funding announcement.
The funds, which come from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corp. (NOHFC), will support five projects and are expected to create 138 full-time jobs.
The funding is being allotted as follows:
- $2 million for Hornepayne Lumber in Hornepayne to reopen the community’s idle sawmill;
- $255,349 for Kenogami Lake Lumberin Hallébourg to purchase forestry hauling equipment to expand its operations;
- $175,259 for True North Timber in Chapleau to purchase forestry hauling and harvesting equipment;
- $166,820 for TGT Trucking in Manitouwadge to purchase forestry hauling equipment, enhance maintenance space and upgrade its operations information system; and
- $41,058 for EACOM Timber in Nairn Centre to introduce a new trim block recovery system.