By: The Working Forest Staff
Outlook for Timberlands, Forest Products Markets and Wood Fiber Supply Issues in 2020
The 7th Annual Conference organized by Wood Resources International and the Western Forestry and Conservation Association on January 23, 2020, will be held at the Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, WA, located close to Portland, Oregon’s airport.
Please join us for this one-day conference for in-depth discussions and analysis on forest products market challenges, opportunities, threats and issues in Western North America for 2020 and beyond. Industry experts and analysts from the US and Canada will address topics such as:
- Opportunities and Stressors for the North American Forest Industry in 2020 (Hamir Patel, CIBC World Markets)
- Outlook for Sawlog and Pulpwood Prices in Western US and Western Canada (Hakan Ekstrom, Wood Resources International LLC)
- US Federal Land Issues in 2020 (Tom Schultz, Idaho Forest Group)
- Strategic Issues for the US PNW Timberlands in 2020 (Jason Spadaro, SDS Lumber)
- BC Interior Log Supply Issues (Brad Bennett, Interfor)
- BC Coastal Log Supply Issues (Albert Nussbaum, BC Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations)
- US PNW Sawmill Sector (Steve Courtney, Roseburg Forest Products)
- US PNW Pulp Mill Sector (Jeff Walton, Cascade Pacific)
- BC, PNW and Idaho Transportation Issues (Dale Lemmons, Signature Transport)
- Biomass Availability in 2020 (Greg Frohn, Avista)
- Why and Where to Invest in Timberlands in North America – A Focus on the US Northwest (Brooks Mendell, Forisk Consulting)
For the full program and to register, please go to the Western Forest Industry Conference 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact either Richard Zabel at WFCA ([email protected]) or Hakan Ekstrom at WRI ([email protected]).