By: The Working Forest Staff
FPInnovations has announced the 2nd edition of the WOODRISE world congress on mid- and high-rise wood buildings. This congress will be held at the Centre des congrès de Québec in Quebec City, Canada, September 30 – October 3, 2019, with a North American focus.
WOODRISE 2019 is geared toward all players in the construction industry and its main purpose is to bring together decision-makers and professionals involved in construction, through formal contacts (business convention, thematic workshops) or informal ones (B2B exchanges).
WOODRISE 2019 aims to:
- Position North America as a leading technology showcase for mid- and high-rise wood buildings.
- Ensure the continuity of WOODRISE to stimulate the synergy developed between the international participants.
- Position wood as a predominant construction material within a context of sustainable, environmentally responsible urban development.
- Establish the reputation of Canada and the United States as key players in the development of mid- and high-rise wood construction.
- Facilitate international mobilization toward an objective of reducing the urban environmental footprint of construction.
- Foster the creation of international alliances and collaborative efforts.
- Connect decision makers with professionals involved in mid- and high-rise construction.